Sunday, April 22, 2007

alicia reviews ice cream

Seeing Hot Fuzz (AWESOME!) reminded me that I've been meaning to write excellent things about two delicious new Ben and Jerry's flavors I've tried recently! I was unsuccessful in my attempts to find the Stephen Colbert flavor, but Creme Brulee and Cinnamon Buns more than made up for it. The former didn't really excite me at first, until I found myself craving its crunchy caramelized sugar swirl. YUM. And the latter could have used a few more chunks of cinnamon bun dough, but the streusel swirl was simply sublime. Both flavors get an A!

2 comments:

jenny said...

i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one who can't get my hands on americone dream. i was even in burlington, VT, HEADQUARTERS OF BEN AND JERRY'S and i couldn't find a carton of the stuff anywhere. that stuff better be good or i'm going to be mad when i finally get it.

i guess i just needed to get that off my chest.

Alicia K. said...

their website has a thingie where you can see if they're officially selling it nearby . . . tallahassee apparently isn't cool enough, b/c it's nowhere within 20 miles of me!

i'm pretty sure that it's sold out in vermont, b/c the alternative is really bizarre. still--stock up on the stuff! you'd think they'd have expected the demand.