Friday, April 13, 2007

attention durham residents-slash-bad movie fans!

I just saw a commercial for a Lifetime original movie totally based on the Michael Peterson case! It has the awesomely bad title of "The Staircase Murders" and stars Treat Williams as Michael Peterson (look, they didn't even bother changing his name) and Anna from the OC as his suspicious stepdaughter. It premieres on Sunday!

I . . . might have to watch this. Of course, Sunday is the day I've dedicated to a) hauling a bunch of books to a used bookstore, and b) finishing the organization of the comic books I want to donate. I can't believe I'm moving in like three weeks. YIKES.

4 comments:

js said...

are you moving in-town or to another job? email me if it's, you know, on the d/l.

Alicia K. said...

heh! no, i'm moving to an apartment in town. it turns out i couldn't afford to rent a house.

Marsosudiro said...

Ugh!

I saw part of the CSI episode (I think it was CSI) that cribbed off the case. Couldn't watch but 15 minutes of it.

But if you want to see the actual staircase, rent The Handmaid's Tale, which has many scenes set in the house (and at least one scene with the stairs).

Alicia K. said...

Dang, I totally forgot to watch this.