Tuesday, April 10, 2007

wow

As many of you know, I get comic books mailed to me monthly from the fine folks at Chapel Hill Comics. Before each shipment goes out, the lovely Vanessa emails me a list of stuff I might like to include in the package. A lot of times I don't research these books--if it's by an author I like, I say, "throw it in!" and she does.

Anyway, I just read one of those last-minute adds, and it is one of the most devastating things I've ever read. It's Anders Nilsen's Don't go Where I Can't Follow. It starts out as a bunch of letters and drawings and journal entries and photos, and I was thinking, like, "Wait, what is the point of this?" and then I turned a page and knew. By the end I had a huge lump in my throat and was a little teary. Like I said, it was really a devastating read, but a very powerful one, so I urge everyone to check it out. It's on sale at D&Q right now.

No comments: