Monday, February 25, 2008

more stuff i've shared

Here are some more links I shared via Google Reader this past week:

Videos of Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova at the Oscars (this was the only win I was actually excited about)

The US Holocaust Museum restored a burnt diary from the Warsaw ghetto.

Fun with Mario Paint! I totally had this game, but was not nearly this talented.

Borders is starting a bunch of new concept bookstores, including one for graphic novels. It's nice that comics will be more widely available (I guess?), but I'm still going to shop at Chapel Hill Comics.

Speaking of comics, the Wolverine movie is going to be full of man-candy (a few other actors have since joined the cast, including Dominic Monaghan or whatever his name is from Lost and LOTR).

Finally, here's a nice piece about one of my favorite books of the year, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.

5 comments:

js said...

i thought it was cool that john stewart let marketa irglova come back out and give her acceptance speech. first, it was a decent thing to do. second, what she said was important--she encouraged independent musicians not to give up hope that they can be successful without compromising. best part of the night of a surprisingly satisfying oscars.

Alicia K. said...

I didn't actually watch the Oscars (I never do, and anyway I wanted to see the end of Pride and Prejudice again), but I read a few blog reports about that and it sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Two words in the item about the Wolverine movie made it certain that I will see it, even though I'm not really into those comic book films: Taylor Kitsch.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I love me some Tim Riggins!

Alicia K. said...

SERIOUSLY!! Riggins is one of the only reasons I still watch FNL (Coach and Tami are the others, b/c they're awesome). I just want to give him a hug all the time! And maybe some other stuff. :) I'm pretty sure he's old enough in real life to drool over.

js said...

i just want to know how they managed to superimpose taylor kitsch's head on my body without my prior consent.