Saturday, October 05, 2013

2013 book 262

A.S. King's Reality Boy
All of King's books are excellent and this one is no exception--I actually read it all in one sitting b/c it was so freaking compelling. It's about a teenage boy who's famous for being an extremely problematic child on one of those Supernanny-esque shows, and he's spent years trying to get past that and to deal with his terrible family. Then he meets A GIRL while working the concession stand at a stadium-type place. I am not really into plots where people are "saved" by a romantic interest (which is kind of the case here) and I'm still not sure how I feel about the oldest sister character, but like I said, this was just so riveting, I couldn't put it down. Gerald is great, and this book is kind of hilarious and sad in equal measures (something King does very well). A-.

No comments: