Monday, January 29, 2007

Multimedia message


Multimedia message
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
John and i just realized that there is a buzzcocks song in an aarp commercial


(I sent that message from my phone--to clarify, I kept seeing that AARP commercial and knew I knew the song, but couldn't place it, and then it played before Yo La Tengo came on last night and John said something about the Buzzcocks, and it all clicked into place! I have nothing negative to say about the Buzzcocks shilling for AARP--it's an honest paycheck, and I'd rather hear a song I like play repeatedly on a commercial than some crappy jingle that gets stuck in my head for like a week.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

while i think aarp and/or its ad agency might have missed some of the irony in "everybody's happy nowadays" at least the lyrics don't actively deconstruct the message of the ad, like the car commercial that used "what do i get" a few years ago:
"what do i get? nothing that's nice
what do i get? nothing at all"

(no one listens to lyrics anyway...)

Alicia K. said...

I can hardly understand the lyrics of that song, and my ears are young! Those AARP-ers might have just not heard the irony. ;)