Friday, July 20, 2007

2007 book 105

I'm in NC!!!!! I;ve gotten to see several of my favorite people so far and will be seeing more shortly. And I got to go into my favorite comic nbook store and pick up stuff in person! And I got yummy food at Sandwhich and got to admire Christina's amazing garden. Excuse typos, I'm on Christina's computer (mine is doing that awesome thing where it forgets I have a wireless card) and I'm not used to her fancy keyboard.

I oinly read one booki on the way here:

Naeem Murr's The Perfect Man
This was a really great novel about an Indian boy who's shipped off to live in Missouri with a woman who sort of knows his father's family. It's the 1950s and a small town, so he feels out of place, but still makes some great friends. Their story, along with the town's dark secrets, makes for a compelling read. A-.

T minus a-little-under-7-hours to Harry Potter!

2 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

I was very happy to have a chance to see you, cookie!

Alicia K. said...

Totally!! Hopefully we can do it again soon. :)