Monday, July 30, 2007

P7300355/2007 book 115


P7300355
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy
Today my parents and I went to see the Dale Chihuly exhibit at Phipps Conservatory. It was pretty amazing, and apparently is even better at night (some of the sculptures light up). I think it's up through November so get to Pittsburgh and see it!

Also, I read a pretty awesome book this afternoon:

Heather McElhatton's Pretty Little Mistakes
McElhatton, a contributor to This American Life (among other things), presents a grown-up version of a choose your own adventure book (the writing is much better too). A girl has just graduated high school--what choices will she (you) make??? I've read the majority of the endings--I think--and they range from tragic to silly to beautiful. I can't think of a book that better fits the adjective "entertaining" . . . I was VERY entertained! A.


Oh, and as of this morning my parents have wireless and my computer is actually working, so hooray!

No comments: