Thursday, July 12, 2007

more harry potter

I just got back from seeing the new HP movie. Actually it may be my favorite in the series--mainly b/c I violently dislike the other four movies, and I only disliked little bits of this one. It was really beautiful, so even when it was annoying it managed to be pretty and I could distract myself. I do wish Daniel Radcliffe would extend his acting chops a little and learn to express emotion in ways other than a) shouting, and b) making tortured faces. The kid playing Ron has learned to make way subtler facial expressions than in the earlier film, so props to that guy. And I still hate replacement Dumbledore. But Imelda Staunton was a genius, and Helena Bonham Carter was clearly enjoying playing mad and villainous Bellatrix. I also liked the hints of Ginny the badass and Neville the avenger. Good times.

1 comment:

christinamerge said...

Totally agree about Imelda Staunton & Helena Bonham Carter! They Made the movie! Those kids, bless'em, are pretty painful to watch at times, but it must be really hard to play such important characters!