Saturday, August 30, 2014

2014 book 208

Claudia Gray's A Thousand Pieces of You
Gray is the author of a bunch of fantasy-looking books that I haven't read, but I might have to change that, because this book was pretty awesome. It's about a girl whose parents are genius physicists, who have discovered a way to send people's consciousnesses to their bodies in other dimensions (theoretically) (I LOVE books with alternate dimensions!!!!!!). Anyway, now one of their grad students has murdered her father, stolen the technology--and jumped to another universe. So their other grad student convinces her to follow him and get REVENGE! But things are even more complicated than they first appeared--and I loved every second. Really strong characterization, good plotting and pacing (even if some of it was easy to guess, though I'm not complaining at the gratification of being right), and even the romance worked for me. This feels like the first book in a series, even though it comes to a satisfying conclusion, and I will one hundred percent be reading the next one. A/A-.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in November.

No comments: