Friday, August 12, 2005

i wish i could be famous for reading books!

seriously, i could totally do what this guy is doing (assuming all the booker longlist book were ACTUALLY PUBLISHED IN THE UNITED STATES IN A TIMELY MANNER). why don't newspapers contact me for these things??? i want to parlay my book addiction/fast reading abilities into fame (and possibly fortune)! how on earth do these people get to be on the bbc?? who can i contact in america for similar tasks??

by the way, that guy totally sucks for saying english teachers shouldn't be reading comics. there is nothing wrong with reading comics!!!!! will the stigma never end? sheesh.

7 comments:

Alex Wilson said...

Take about 30-40 of your best reviews and send them to newspaper as a column proposal.

Alicia K. said...

i'm not sure my reviews are newspaper-worthy--they're just small paragraphs, you know? but that's definitely a thought . . .

Anonymous said...

A book just for you:
http://librarian.net/revolting/
Have you read it?
-CA Reader

Anonymous said...

Here is a book you might like:
http://librarian.net/revolting/
Have you read it?
-A California reader

Alicia K. said...

wow, california reader, apparently you're pretty eager for me to read it! :) actually, yes, i do already have that book--it's on my shelf of library -related things, and i really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I hear about someone like that guy, or the Julie/Julia project who got a huge book deal out of her blog, I always wonder why my blog ideas never turn into income sources. I can waste time on my blog with the best of them, wouldn't it be cool if someone paid me to do it?

Maybe you could take a few of your best reviews and expand them to 3-4 paragraphs & then send them to a newspaper? cause I bet if you were getting paid to write them, you'd be able to write longer ones each time.
--Sarah

Alicia K. said...

don't most papers have book reviewers already, though? maybe i should just start trying to write longer ones here and cross my fingers that the media finds me. :)