Friday, August 12, 2005

P8110017


P8110017
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
i came home from a busy evening of playing pool at hell and watching other people do karaoke (including masterful performances by pinky and phil, who i met for the first time. and thanks for the cd, pinky!!) to find a large package on my doorstep.

this was inside. the note reads:

Dear Alicia:

These Ham-Hams are looking for the rest of their friends. They all wish to be one big happy family once more. This time they have brought their own storage contraption and potential wall-display unit in case they have started to overrun your home.

Thank you for taking care of all of the Ham-Hams!

P.S. Sometimes the post office won't send things without a return address. Sometimes they will. Just in case you were wondering.


somehow i think this is the last of the hamsters. i got a little misty as i read the note: thank you, thank you, to whoever has been giving me these little guys for the past 2+ years. they really have made my day every single time i got one, and i was always so grateful that someone was doing something so silly and sweet for me.

and they haven't overrun my home, just one of my shelves. :)

4 comments:

Alicia K. said...

damn! i had no idea you were there or i would have made pinky introduce us! (which is how phil and i met.) do you go to karaoke night often? :)

pinky pinkerson said...

It was because of Minty that I knew you were downstairs to give you a cd (I'm not really psychic).

Although I did put a copy in my purse for you even though I had no idea I'd be seeing you last night. So maybe I am slightly psychic :-)

Alicia K. said...

damn, i have no idea what minty looks like, or i'd have introduced myself, or at least smiled and waved. where were you, minty??

Alicia K. said...

now that i know you you are, i definitely would encourage you to do it again--you were awesome!