Monday, August 08, 2005

P8080004


P8080004
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
hamsters 81-86 were waiting for me when i returned home from vacation (with the best enclosure yet--a whole bunch of my wxdu flowsheets! from like, 2003. haha!).

i'm pretty sure the one on the right is a vampire. and why does the one on the left have a see-through eyepatch? i will never unravel the mysteries of the hamsters.

by the way, hamster-giver, my mail-pickup-person thought it was pretty silly that i was mailing stuff to myself--nice touch on putting my address as the return address. and now i have a sample of your handwriting!

4 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

I've often wondered if there was a postmark or a return address on your hamster packages.

didn't hamsters used to appear in your XDU mailbox? that plus flowsheets would indicate someone on staff is your hamster-giver. Or someone who used to be on staff.

heh - sorry about the armchair detecting...your hamster mystery has captivated me!

Alicia K. said...

it's definitely someone from wxdu--they appeared in my mailbox for two years until i stopped doing a regular show.

as for the return address: usually it's just a picture of one of the hamsters, but this time i guess the sender was worried it would get returned or something. the postmarks on the first few were chapel hill, and the last two have been postmarked durham.

i too would like to solve this mystery!

pinky pinkerson said...

It certainly is adorable...if I were the sender, I'd want some credit after all this time!

(I can keep secrets, but not surprises. I could NEVER be a anonymous package-sender)

Alicia K. said...

i don't think i could either--i'd want the credit for doing something nice. ;)

actually, it's jsut fun to see the look on people's faces--you don't get that with anonymity!