Monday, August 15, 2005

P8150044


P8150044
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
tongiht phil came over to examine the wreckage of my dresser and to take me for a ride in his new baby card (an '86 alfa romeo spider veloce, apparently). that thing handles curves sooo smoothly . . . i'd get a speeding ticket about every other day if i drove one! but man, that was one sweet ride.

in dresser-related news, since i know you're all dying of curiosity: tomorrow i go to a large chain home store to purchase wood and wood glue (i am pretty sure i own a drill) and try to repair the damn thing, which is currently upside-down in the middle of my bedroom. in the meantime, all of my clothes are mostly-neatly stacked on my bed and i'll be sleeping on the futon tonight. possibly also tomorrow night unless i have the strength to get it rightside-up again. :)

on the plus side, my trivia team won tonight by getting perfect scores in the rounds on tv character identification and board games. we are awesome.

also awesome is mike p., who bestowed a large assortment of graphic novels/anime on me so that he wouldn't have to drag it to california with him. thank you, mike; you will be sorely missed.

3 comments:

Alicia K. said...

i also gave him freshly-baked cookies and beer . . . something else to keep in mind. :)

Anonymous said...

I also left the Buffy board game - UNPUNCHED! Did it make it okay, or someone snagged the second batch of goodies? It's a hot item if you look on eBay now, but I haven't the time to try and flip it. Please play it and enjoy! ...

There are 66 boxes taking up my house. and that doesn' include the bedreoom yet :(

MIke

Alicia K. said...

no worries--i got them! i look forward to playing the buffy game, hee.

good luck w/ all the moving stuff--i'm sure LA will be amazing!