Thursday, August 18, 2005

nerd alert: awesome journal(s)

popular music is so my favorite journal ever. check out the table of contents on this issue (the music and literature issue). damn, it's awesome.

though to be fair to the journal of popular music studies, there was a pretty funny article in their most recent issue on the culture of jimmy buffett and the parrotheads (entitled "Parrotheads in Margaritaville: Fan Practice, Oppositional Culture, and Embedded Cultural Resistance in Buffett Fandom"). hee. it's just like i'm seventeen again, and my coworkers are giving me wine coolers and laughing at my tipsiness! at a jimmy buffett concert, i mean, not at work.

on the same note, i also like a lot of the articles in popular music and society. i'm pretty sure that's the journal that featured an article by marc faris (duke music ph.d., member of the sames) earlier this year.

basically i like reading article about popular music--just one of the reasons i love my job!

No comments: