Saturday, October 21, 2006

marie antoinette

So a friend and I went to see Marie Antoinette today, and I quite liked it! Kirsten Dunst and Jason Schwartzman were both great, it was gorgeous, and of course I loved the soundtrack--along with New Order and Air, I was thrilled to hear songs from one of my all-time favorite albums, Radio Dept.'s Lesser Matters. Now I love Sofia Coppola even more!

Of course, I did think the ending was a little abrupt--my friend had read that it doesn't go all the way to the guillotine, so she was prepared for the symbolic, non-violent ending, but suddenly I understood why the French booed it. Of course there IS a symbolic ending, but still.

Also, there were no pink converse in sight, for the record. Lots of yummy-looking cakes thoguh! Don't go in hungry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw blue converse high tops in one of the shoe montages!!

Alicia K. said...

yeah, but there weren't pink ones. ;)