Tuesday, October 31, 2006

shameful confession time

I was flipping through the channels last night and landed on VH1, which was doing a new 80s song countdown show (as opposed to all of the other 80s-related programming they've done) (that wasn't the shameful confession) and the song they were discussing was Prince's Little Red Corvette.

Do you know, in my entire life, I had NO idea what that song was? I could NEVER figure out what the chorus was saying, and I spent a lot of time trying to decipher it. Also I didn't know that it was a Prince song. (Somehow I missed the Prince portion of my music education.) Shameful, isn't it!

Happy Halloween everyone!! I may post blurry cameraphone pictures of my costume later. I'm going as a Freudian slip (tm Stef).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That song was popular when I was in high school. That and "1999" were hits before his real breakthrough with the movie and accompanying album "Purple Rain". Now for my confession. I'm a big fan of Prince. He's a musical genius, but he's also fucking insane. Kevin Smith talks about working with him while he was talking to college audiences.