Thursday, April 19, 2012

2012 book 111

Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl
Flynn is one of my favorite writers--if you like dark dark dark stories and haven't read Sharp Objects or Dark Places yet, get on that--and I've been looking forward to this book for ages. Luckily it doesn't disappoint, because it's Flynn! Anyway, this is about one Nick, whose wife has gone missing after an apparent struggle. And the husband is always the primary suspect, right? I had about three theories about what had happened, and was pleasantly surprised to get some answers halfway through--but since it's Flynn, things just get more twisted from there. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, on the verge of freaking out for a great portion of it. I did call some of it, but Flynn laid the ground so nicely that I didn't even mind. Deliciously dark. A/A-.

__
An e-galley was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on June 5th.

2 comments:

Christina said...

As Gwen Stefani once said, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Like for real. I loved this.

Alicia K. said...

Gillian Flynn is THE BEST.