Wednesday, April 25, 2012

2012 book 119

Elizabeth Wein's Code Name Verity
Guys, this book was SO GOOD. It's about a young Scottish woman in WWII who's been captured by the Gestapo as a spy, and is being forced to write her confession. But what she writes is primarily the story of two best friends, herself and an amazing lady pilot, and how they met in the war, and the events leading to her capture. And then Wein turns everything on its head (more so than I even expected, and I suspected stuff was up). I will say that I spent the last third of the book basically crying, but that is because it was SO GOOD. This is being marketed as YA for some reason but is a great read for all ages. A.

__
An e-galley was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on May 15.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I finally read this! I know I know I shouldn't have put it off. The cover art kind of put me off, though. Anyway, I loved it! Of course, because you are always right about these things.

Could you figure out how old they were? Were they teenagers or early twenties? Did the author keep it vague on purpose?

I hope Maddie married Jamie and had 12 babies.

Alicia K. said...

They were early 20s, if I recall--another reason it's weird that this was marketed as YA. SO GLAD you liked it!!